What is a mortgage?
A mortgage is a guarantee given by a person who has taken a loan of money, from another person or financial entity. It is done in order to ensure payment, the property being the payment guarantee.
The mortgage is always made by public deed.
- National ID of the debtor and creditor.
- Copy of a public deed showing that the mortgagee owns the property.
- Certificate of Good Standing of taxes and valuation.
- Certificate of freedom and tradition.
- If the creditor is a financial entity, a credit approval letter.
- A certificate of existence and legal representation is required, if one of the parties is a legal entity.
- The procedure can be done through a power of attorney (consult the notary).
How many types of mortgage are there?
We have two types:
Closed: It is the one that guarantees the payment of a specific debt with invariable conditions.
Open: It is the one that covers several debts and its value can change.
Let us know how we can help you.
Carry out your procedures online or, if you prefer, carry out your notarial procedures directly at the Fifth Notary of Manizales.
Confidence in yourself is the first secret to success. The second is to arm yourself with transparent allies who take care of you and document the most important steps in your life.
At the Fifth Notary we are trustworthy!